Friday, November 13, 2009

In my spare time...


Well being that this is our blog I guess it's about time I did a post. As some people know last year I decided to join the Canadian Ski Patrol Systems, I'm not sure if I was having a "hero complex" or just somehow thought I needed more to do! So last spring I completed all my on hill training and I have spent the last 10 weeks juggling work schedules and family time. So that I was able to attend a 4 hour class every Tuesday and Thursday then do about 4 hours homework every week. Well now that all the training is over and I have passed the testing I know how to splint your broken leg or wrist, strap you to a back board and get you off the mountain in a toboggan. Hopefully my duties at Sun Peaks this winter won't involve too many serious injuries, but if they do happen we'll be there to help. Now all we need is some more snow! If you have some time check out the CSPS website www.csps.ca See you on the mountain I'll be up there every second Sunday starting Nov. 22.

3 comments:

  1. I broke my wrist up on the 5 Mile quite a number of years back and had to be tobagganed down to the bottom. But don't worry, I gave up learning to ski after that so I'm one less person you'll have to rescue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been skiing or snowboarding once in my life (what can I say, I'm a summertime girl) but if I ever do, I'll rest assured Wayne, that you will be there to pick my broken body up off the hill *shudder*.
    Congrats on finishing your course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay wayne...love your post! i'm going to tell marty now so that he feels more motivated to contribute to ours!

    ReplyDelete