Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some Inspiration.

I have been feeling extra crafty this holiday season. It's like I'm having a contest with myself to see how much more I can load onto my plate than I did the previous year. I am most excited to share my debut in "soft sculptures" with you... they are not yet completed but I thought I'd share with you some of the inspirations and tips I've come across for this special little project. There are a few skills necessary for making these soft creatures that I find a little tricky, and I have a lot to learn when it comes to sewing. I think this little felt filled adventure has ignited a bit of an obsession...we'll see how long it lasts for!
This simple tutorial teaches you how to make a tidy little knot...it has been so useful to me because I have had trouble making a knot substantial enough to do the job without making my little creature all lumpy and rather hideous. The pictures I've posted today are not my creations, but they are my inspiration(and mine surely won't be quite so grand). Abby Glassenburg is the creative talent behind these magnificent soft sculptures.
You can see more of her work on Etsy, or check out her blog for fun craft ideas and previews of her projects.

I'll post picts of my own creations when they have been completed. Wish me luck!

oh and before I forget...
Andrea Boccelli's new Christmas Album is AMAZING!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Good luck with your sewing! I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh so fun!! I can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute! you are so crafty sarah...i have so much to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool beans. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete