Friday, December 4, 2009

Speaking of Sewing...

This past Sunday was my birthday...and it was WONDERFUL! We spent the day with friends and family, and even went for a little road trip...to Sunpeaks. It was beautiful, and it feels like Christmas up there! Oh my word, so much snow! Anyways... I had a choice in my gift this year. It was between a REAL piece of artwork or a sewing machine. This was an incredibly hard decision. I LOVE art. I think it is so amazing what people are capable of creating. So we looked around all sorts of different artsy places in town but nothing really jumped out at me (that we could afford) and being (hopefully) on the cusp of a move I'd like to wait and see what kind of pieces I'd like for the new place. By process of elimination, and with much excitement I would like to introduce you to my new sewing machine!

I am waiting for her to arrive from the warehouse with great anticipation. Every day I stumble across more and more projects that I can't wait to try. I know the hardest part of getting this machine will be to finish one project before I start the next...this will be my goal!

3 comments:

  1. I envy you your ability to sew and your obvious enthusiasm for it. I bought a sewing machine a year or so ago mainly for repairing my kids' ripped clothing, but I've only used it twice. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, Happy Belated!!
    Oh, what a beaut!! I could seriously hook you up with some sweet projects, if you are interested Just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans.
    That would be a very tough decision. I've wanting to get a 'real' work of art for several years now but the price always puts me off. Artists certainly deserve their pay though. I've been considering puttina deposit on a painting, and then making payments as I can. Like layaway. You can do that at most places in town.
    It was too bad we had to miss your birthday. I was looking forward to celebrating with you guys at Sunpeaks. Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete