Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday Afternoon Treasure Hunt

This afternoon Simon and I bundled up to go on a little hunt for some pine cones! I wasn't sure how many nice ones I would find because it is way past time for collecting them but luckily we have a pine tree forest in our back yard, so I was able to get just enough! I was in the midst of climbing up the little hill that leads to the hopefully not too dead pine tree forest behind our place when I realized that it was actually a really steep treacherous mountain that I was stumbling up (a little more entertaining than we bargained for). I didn't want to climb back down the hill with Simon in his wrap because I have a history of falling down hills just like this one, and I thought it would be kind of cruel to flatten the boy in the process. So we headed up...and up...and up...into part of the protected park in our neighborhood. There are trails and pine trees everywhere it is actually quite beautiful...I wonder why we don't go out there more often... hmm...





It is so precious to watch him discover new things! I must say, as always, he was a trooper as I crouched down and squashed him every time I went to pick up a perspective pine cone. Eventually we could see the high way from the trail and he was content watching the big trucks go by...bbrrrrbrrrrrbrrrrbbrrrr, which means "car" in Simon's language. So Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty big pinecones you found. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So totally cute. Sounds like a sweet adventure. Maybe my crew and I will come for a hike with you, someday. It sounds like it would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete